Saturday, July 01, 2006

Welcome to Last Frontier Mom

Welcome to "Last Frontier Mom" blog spot!

This post marks the beginning of something worthwhile (I hope). I really hope.

First, I would like to acknowledge some blog sites that have motivated me to join in.

My friends the (Fred) Butlers of "Hip and Thigh" showed me how much fun one could have with a blog.
Which linked me to "Pyromaniacs" a la Phil Johnson and gang. Then onto "Girltalk" and "Fide-O".

When I was doing some research on Michael Pearl of "No Greater Joy" ministries I came across a site called "Choosing Home" which is a group of women who are gifted writers. I especially enjoy Holly's contributions. And I would like to meet Molly by golly 'cause she's another Alaskan mom. Bty, thank you so much Anne V. for your posts on Pearl. I know the concerns you raised honor the Lord Jesus.

For my benefit now, I would like to brainstorm some ideas I have for future posts.

Write about things with concluding thoughts "in light of eternity..."

Write about all the creative ways my other mom friends manage their households. I just love Girltalk and their "just a suggestion" link/disclaimer.

Write about my mom and how she makes me laugh, and maybe even "blogpublish" some of her stories!. My mom-in law and how she makes me think. (and laugh too Margaret Mae!)

I would like to join the "Stellar" category in Pyromaniacs blog. But this seems super ambitious especially since my first mentioned motivator Hip and Thigh has only made it to the really teeny print category of "Entertaining".

I hope I am using correct punctuation with the period after the quotation mark.

Today I took my boys to eat breakfast (since daddy's on a business trip) and we ran into my friend Elisa who was having breakfast with a lady (named Pat) suffering from brain cancer.

After we greeted one another and my boys and I set down to our table to eat, I observed Elisa and Pat bow their heads in prayer and listened as Pat prayed to her Heavenly Father. I didn't hear everything, (I really wasn't trying to eavesdrop) but I did hear her thank God and give Him praise.

As we finished our meal and got ready to leave, I stopped to say bye to the ladies. As we conversed, I was struck by Pat's attitude. I didn't hear any bitterness, self-focused "ness", or even a hint of arrogance. Her words concluded our conversation, "I just give Him thanks for everything, He has been so wonderful to me."

I hope that when I am pressed as she has been, my attitude and my words will be "I just give Him thanks for everything, He has been so wonderful to me."

Hey! I can use my brainstorm idea right now..."in light of eternity"

SO...

In Light Of Eternity, I will quote Paul from 2 Corinthians 4:14-18.

"knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus
will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you.

For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving

to abound to the glory of God. (Yay, Pat!)

Therefore we do not lose heart.

Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
while we do not look at the things which are seen but the things which are not seen.

For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."


This is my attempt at what my friends Bill and Katie Woodell did in their wedding program (hands down best wedding program ever and most precious ceremony ever too). I forget what it's called, but it's some literary way to place words strategically on a page for emphasis.

Boy this is fun, I really need to go to bed though.

Some more brainstorms...

My sister Stacy is super talented in poetry, painting, writing, and getting under my skin with her endless demands to make me think deeper than I regularly do.

My sisters-in law Dahlia, Megan and Laura are wonderful and I am so thankful for them. They are each so unique and definitely have many things to contribute to the Kingdom.

My husband is definitely writing material. He is the smartest person I know. The whole family would agree with me too. Except maybe his brothers... hee hee. He has opened up the other half of life that I was missing.

(Hey hon, Mia said they would've happily watched the kids if I went to San Diego with you. We'll have to take them up on that some time.)

My Dad, and dad-in-law... oh man don't get me started. Unbelievable. They are STELLAR. Stellar is my new favorite word, thanks Phil Johnson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home